Our franchising team has been providing legal advice to franchisors and franchisees for more than 25 years. We understand the special dynamics of franchising businesses, which depend on cooperation between franchisors and franchisees.
Our clients range from large, mature franchisors to small operations that we have helped establish as franchising systems. Clients have included franchisors and franchisees from a range of retail, service and manufacturing businesses, including bedding, gifts and homewares, food, automotive goods and services, clothing and footwear, professional and business services and household / personal services.
Our team can provide:
- Practical advice on business and taxation structures.
- Trade mark registration and other protection for your intellectual property.
- Current advice on the Franchising Code of Conduct; preparation and vetting of disclosure documents, franchise agreements, leases, sub-leases and licences for franchised premises, and documents for the sale or purchase of franchised businesses.
- Dispute resolution and litigation in relation to franchisors and franchisees.
- Advice on the Competition and Consumer Act and development of compliance programs.