Daniel is a Director in the Financial Service Regulatory team in Brisbane. He is a contentious regulatory specialist who assists both public sector and corporate clients in navigating regulatory and public law disputes across the financial services industry and government sectors.
Daniel has over 14 years’ experience in both private practice and the public sector, having worked at firms and regulatory bodies in both Queensland and the UK. In addition to conducting complex investigations, Daniel has experience advising clients in disputes across a number of Commonwealth and State jurisdictions.
Daniel’s outcome-focussed approach benefits his clients at times of crisis including in response to Commissions of Inquiry, regulatory investigations, coronial inquests, cyber breaches and natural disasters. Daniel has also acted for both the prosecution and the defence in regulatory prosecutions.
Daniel’s experience includes:
- assisting clients in preparing and responding to investigations conducted by ASIC, APRA, AUSTRAC and other regulatory bodies;
- advising government agencies with respect to allegations of corrupt conduct, including conducting investigations and appearing before the Crime and Corruption Commission;
- assisting clients in preparing submissions, witness statements and responses to requests for information arising out of coronial inquests and Commissions of Inquiry including the Royal Commission into Misconduct in the Banking, Superannuation and Financial Services Industry; the Royal Commission into National Natural Disaster Arrangements; the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability; the Independent Review of Youth Detention; and the Organised Crime Commission of Inquiry;
- assisting financial service and energy sector clients in responding to cyber breaches, including the review of exfiltrated materials and breach reporting to relevant regulators;
- conducting regulatory prosecutions in the Magistrates Court of Queensland at QCAT;
- advising in respect of judicial review proceedings in the Supreme Court of Queensland.