Elizabeth is a Senior Associate in the Family Law Team.
Elizabeth has practised solely in the area of Family Law since her admission in 2006. She is a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Family Law Specialist and has previously been on the Panel of Independent Children’s Lawyers.
Described by her colleagues as passionate, pragmatic and dedicated to her clients, Elizabeth has built a reputation for excellence and an eye for detail. Her motivation and drive for Family Law is in part due to the closeness and personal level of the relationships which she is able to form with clients, and the opportunity it presents to assist them in often difficult and trying times.
Specific experience examples
- Representing clients or acting as Independent Children’s Lawyer in litigation for complex parenting matters including; relocation matters, Hague Convention matters, change of ‘residence’ applications, Magellan cases, recovery order applications and matters involving issues of parentage, involving children born as a result of IVF.
- Acting in property settlement and spousal maintenance proceedings, including representing third parties.
- Providing advice to high net worth client’s entering into a Binding Financial Agreement prior to, during a relationship and after separation.
- Acting for numerous clients where an Administrator or Case Guardian has been appointed on their behalf.
- Providing advice to commissioning parents and surrogates entering into Surrogacy Arrangements and making application to the County Court of Australia