Michael is a Partner in our Property, Construction & Planning Group, and specialises in all aspects of construction law. His clients include government and public sector entities, financial institutions, major contractors and corporate entities.
Michael is highly experienced in advising on the drafting and negotiation of all documentation required to successfully undertake complicated top-end projects. This experience also includes providing extensive commercial contract administration assistance throughout the life of his client’s projects.
Michael is an experienced litigator and his clients trust him to achieve strategic and commercial results for them through the contract dispute processes, including the use of alternative dispute resolution methods.
He has been listed in the area of Construction in Chambers Asia-Pacific since 2011. He is listed as a ‘Recommended Lawyer in Construction‘ in The Legal 500 Asia Pacific since 2012. Michael has been recognised as a ‘Recommended Lawyer in Construction & Infrastructure’ in Doyles Guide since 2014.
- Acting for the Department of Justice in relation to the preparation of contract documentation for Kempsey, Junee and Parklea correctional centres.
- Acting for Lendlease in the preparation, negotiation and finalisation of contract for the redevelopment of major shopping centres including Sunshine Plaza ($300m), Caroline Springs ($50m) and Cairns, Joondalup and Macarthur shopping centres.
- Advised ING on the resolution of disputes and sale of the Melbourne Observation Wheel, which involved a complicated series of transactions, involving the wheel’s designer, contractor and related parties.
- Providing strategic advice to CSR in relation to the resolution of commercial disputes.
- Acting for CBA in the preparation of all contract documentation for the development at Australian Technology Park which will see 8,000 CBA staff move to those premises once completed.
- Acting for an international supplier in the Supreme Court of NSW regarding the construction of the Lane Cove tunnel.
- Acting for the City of Sydney in alternative dispute resolution processes and subsequent Supreme Court proceeding concerning the construction of a significant public building.