Nick is a Partner in our Disputes Group. He joined Gadens in 2009 and continues his practice with a commercial litigation, insurance and insolvency focus. Nick has extensive experience in a broad range of complex commercial matters in the Federal Court of Australia, the Supreme and County Courts of Victoria and the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal. He has a rural background which greatly assists in understanding and identifying agri-business and rural estate planning and succession issues.
- Institution and defence of superior jurisdiction matters including arbitration.
- Institution, conduct and defence of Federal Court and Supreme Court proceedings.
- Corporate winding-up matters.
- Institution, conduct and defence of Federal bankruptcy proceedings.
- Advice regarding Corporations Act (Cwth) (and related legislation) matters including:
-Directors’ common law and statutory duties;
-Voidable and preference transactions;
-Insolvent administration and liquidation of companies;
-Enforcement proceedings issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission; and
-Corporate governance and shareholder disputes