Stephen is a Partner in our Corporate Team, specialising in Mergers & Acquisitions. In addition, he has extensive experience in corporate and commercial advice, employee share schemes and financial services.
Prior to joining Gadens, Stephen was a partner at Clayton Utz and PricewaterhouseCoopers, and before that was the chairman of partners and a former managing partner of Mills Oakley Lawyers, where he founded its corporate practice. Stephen is a director of the O’Brien Foundation, and a former director of Carlton Football Club.
- Acting for a Top 20 ASX-listed company on the structuring of a transaction to acquire a business in the United States.
- Acting for another Top 20 ASX-listed company on the structuring of a transaction to acquire a business in the United Kingdom.
- Acting for numerous clients of PricewaterhouseCoopers in the restructuring of their corporate structures, and providing appropriate legal advice and drafting necessary documentation to effect such restructuring.
- Acting for the founding shareholders / directors of Cellestis Ltd in a scheme of arrangement involving Qiagen NV including drafting option deeds, negotiating scheme implementation deed and scheme deed.
- Acting for the majority owners of PLAN Australia Pty Ltd in the sale of units in a unit trust to Challenger Financial Services Group.
- Acting for shareholders of Independent Mortgage Corporation in the sale of shares to Homeloans Ltd.
- Acting for shareholders of National Mortgage Brokers in the sale of shares to Aussie Home Loans.
- Acting for numerous publically-listed companies and private companies in establishing and documenting employee share schemes.