Alicia has extensive experience in commercial litigation, property and insolvency. Alicia has acted for a wide range of clients, including multi-national companies, banks, State Government Departments, directors, voluntary administrators, receivers, liquidators and trustees. In addition, Alicia has significant experience in overseeing volume debt recovery matters for a variety of clients. Alicia regularly provides advice to clients on contractual issues, tactical considerations and negotiates commercial outcomes for clients.
Alicia’s experience includes:
Debt collection, commercial litigation, property
- Contractual disputes.
- Acted in, and supervised volume uncontested and contested debt recovery matters.
- Media rights, including defamation matters.
- Australian Consumer Law matters.
- Security reviews and enforcement of securities.
- Contested caveat proceedings and recovery of real property.
- Farm Business Debt Mediation Act 2017 (Qld) matters.
- Leasing disputes – including seeking and opposing injunctions.
- Directors and shareholders disputes.
- Contested PPSR litigation.
- Providing advice to administrators, receivers and liquidators on their powers, rights and obligations under the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth) and trustees under the terms of the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth).
- Preparing documentation for the appointment of receivers and acting in receiverships.
- Providing advice and preparing all documentation in relation to bankruptcies, winding ups and provisional liquidations.
- Acting in a multitude of defended voidable transaction claims, insolvent trading proceedings and recovery matters.
- Assisting with proposals under section 73 of the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth).
- Acting in AFSA investigations.
- Acting in matters in relation to section 77C of the Bankruptcy Act 1966 (Cth).
- Acting in contested winding and creditor’s petition matters.
- Public examinations in multiple jurisdictions.
- Preparing Deeds of Company Arrangement and ancillary documents with respect to voluntary administrations.