Andrew is a Partner in our Property, Construction & Planning Group, and has practised extensively in construction and development law for more than 20 years.
An expert in preparing and negotiating all types of agreements and documentation for building and engineering projects, Andrew has extensive experience in representing clients in expert determinations, mediation, arbitration and litigation.
He frequently advises on and prepares amendments to the industry standard form contracts, and advises on all relevant and applicable legislation. The projects extend across commercial office and industrial developments to retail and residential and engineering and civil projects. His clients include developers, institutions, builders and designers.
He holds a law degree, is a Grade 3 Arbitrator for the Institute of Arbitrators and Mediators Australia and is admitted to practice in Victoria, New South Wales, the Australian Capital Territory and Western Australia.
- Major Projects Victoria – new Museum of Victoria and the National Gallery of Victoria redevelopment.
- Design and construct contractor for Docklands Stadium, now Etihad Stadium.
- Herald & Weekly Times Building, Flinders Street, Melbourne.
- Spencer Street Station redevelopment.
- Martha Cove development at Safety Beach, Victoria.
- Numerous shopping centres across Australia.
- Victoria / Albert Apartments, East Melbourne, Group Action and other litigation.
- Claims relating to earth works and civil works, materials handling and processing plant and numerous building projects.
- Preparation of all necessary construction contracts for Cbus Property developments 538 & 550 Bourke Street Melbourne and 140 Williams Street Perth.
- Review of numerous building contracts for financiers to advise on suitability and compliance with financiers’ requirements, including South Wharf development at South Bank and the redevelopment of the Mercy Hospital in East Melbourne.