Biljana’s commercial experience involves providing advice to commercial, property and not for profit clients in relation to general commercial and structuring matters.
Biljana has specific technical experience in areas of law relevant to the not for profit sector including establishing and structuring new entities and charitable trusts, tax exemptions and benefits, fundraising and corporate governance and compliance, government grants and government funding and advises on these matters the boards and executive committees of these organisations.
Biljana’s taxation experience includes advising commercial, property, insurance, and charitable clients on goods and services tax, capital gains tax, fringe benefits tax, stamp duty, land tax and income tax issues.
Biljana has been voted by her peers as a “Best Lawyer” in the area of Education Law, since 2014.
- Advising the Macedonian Orthodox Church in structuring a statutory body corporate including negotiating and drafting the enabling legislation.
- Advising the Lord Mayor’s Charitable Fund on its constituent legislation.
- Advising on the structuring and the establishment of The Melbourne City School.
- Advising on the structuring and establishment of a special purpose vehicle representing a consortium of a number of welfare services agencies.
- Preparing submissions to government and regulatory bodies regarding introduction of new legislation or interpretation of legislation and its implications for clients.
- Advising on the establishment of the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council, a national body that sets the standards for accreditation of Australian psychology programs.
- Acting for a large range of educational institutions and advising on compliance with State and Commonwealth legislation, as well as regulations and protocols concerning their operation.