Breanna is a Special Counsel in our Corporate Team. She specialises in corporate transactions, undertaking due diligence, advisory work and drafting and negotiating commercial agreements to clients across the private and government sectors.
Highly valued by her clients for her whole of business approach to legal advice and relationships between stakeholders, Breanna has extensive experience in mergers & acquisitions, corporate group restructurings (including appointment of administrators or receivers), joint ventures, corporate governance and a broad range of commercial documents. Breanna is an experienced negotiator of complex and time critical transactions and applies a ‘hands on’ approach to all workstreams to ensure the best possible outcome for her clients’ business and operations.
Breanna provides company secretarial support to both public and private companies and has significant experience in shareholders agreements and other internal governance documents. She has regularly advises the Boards of her clients on issues relating to director’s duties.
Breanna’s general commercial experience also includes preparing, and advising on, consultancy agreements, indemnity terms, supply agreements, sponsorship agreements, licensing agreements and agency agreements for listed and unlisted entities and government agencies. Breanna’s experience as a secondee in government and the private sector gives her a unique perspective on the issues confronting her clients and ensures they receive commercial and pragmatic solutions to those issues.
Specific experience examples
- Advising KPMG as voluntary administrators of certain entities within the iconic Australian and New Zealand real estate group LJ Hooker, with creditors voting in favour of a DOCA proposal which will see the key entities out of administration and placed into the hands of existing management.
- Advising DKSH Australia on its acquisition of CROSSMARK, Australia’s leading field marketing provider.
- Advising Third Horizon Consulting on the sale of shares in management consulting company to subsidiary of French listed company Publicis Groupe.
- Advising UK-based Mazars LLP on its acquisition in 2016 of Corality Financial Group, a privately-owned financial modelling practice founded in Sydney with offices in London and New York.
- Acting for SUFW on its acquisition by Monash IVF Group (ASX:MVF) for a total consideration of $30.1 million.
- Advising Sonic Clinical Services on its investment in the GP2U health services technology including shareholders agreement and subscription agreement drafting and negotiation.
- Acting for Once Credit Pty Limited on its purchase by ASX listed FlexiGroup Limited (FXL) for $45million. Once Credit provides consumer finance through third party retail distribution channels. Once’s CEO Gary Howell said: “Breanna’s tireless legal support and strategic advice helped us stay focussed and ensured we maximised the value of the transaction for our shareholders.”
- Acting for a large national poultry producer in its $11 million acquisition of the land and business of a Victorian turkey farm. Breanna advised on the business sale agreement, prepared all documents for completion and liaised with the client on post-acquisition issues.
- Acting as the lead legal adviser for Global Aviation Asset Management (GAAM) in connection with the US$1.4 billion cross-border sale of its international aviation leasing business to US listed entity Fly Leasing Limited.