Clare specialises in mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, commercial contracts and general corporate and commercial advice.
Clare is dual qualified in Australia and the United Kingdom and has practised extensively in both jurisdictions throughout her career. Clare began her career in Melbourne, practising primarily in the areas of corporate, commercial and tax law. In 2008, Clare moved on to a large international law firm in London for numerous years, developing extensive experience in all aspects of mergers & acquisition, real estate development and corporate and commercial advisory law. In particular, Clare gained significant experience in handling large cross border projects and transactions across multi-jurisdictions throughout Europe, Asia-Pacific, the Middle East and North America.
Clare has particular expertise in the Hotel and Leisure sector, as well as Food, Drink, FMCG and Retail areas.
In the 2020 and 2021 editions of Best Lawyers Australia, Clare was nominated and selected as a Best Lawyer in the field of Commercial Law.
- Acting for Cbus Property in relation to the sale of a 50% interest in commercial and retail components of 447 Collins Street, Melbourne to ISPT.
- Advised the Tipple Group Holdings Pty Ltd on the sale of a majority interest of its shares to 7-Eleven, including all aspects of the transaction including in respect to the negotiation of the ongoing shareholding arrangements and various financing aspects to the transaction.
- Acted in relation to joint venture arrangements for a mixed use development in Swan Street, Richmond.
- Acted in relation to Mermaid Hygiene Services sale to Rentokil Initial.
- Acting on the sale of shares in a multi-million dollar entertainment distribution company.
- Acting on the sale through administration of a prominent restaurant chain in the United Kingdom.
- Acting on the acquisition of a large bottled water company in the United Kingdom.
- Advising on the acquisition of a landmark Australian licensed venue.
- Acting on the joint venture between a major US film studio in respect of the joint venture with a UK television network in relation to the launch of a new television channel in the United Kingdom.
- Acting on the outsourcing of an entire distribution platform of tinned food products.
- Advising on acquisition by a leading German hotel brand on its launch into the United Kingdom across several sites.
- Acting on the sale of a well-known organic skincare business.
- Acting for a Singapore listed property group on the purchase of the 396 room Hilton South Wharf hotel, and its subsequent rebranding of the hotel as a Pan Pacific.
- Acting on the sale of domain name company to a US listed entity.
- Acting on the acquisition and sale of various hotel and student accommodation sites.
- Acting for owners, investors, banks and developers on numerous large scale residential, commercial, retail and mixed use developments.
- Acting on the numerous joint venture developments for commercial, hotel, office, retail including shopping centres and residential projects.
- Acting for fund managers, private client offices, private equity houses and venture capitalists on various corporate and commercial advice.