Deivina is a Partner in our Employment Advisory Group. As an Accredited Workplace Relations Specialist, and experienced senior legal practitioner, Deivina uses a combination of commercial acumen, technical knowledge and a client centric approach to drive positive outcomes.
Deivina most recently held the position of Group General Counsel for a privately owned Australian building services specialist. In this role she practiced across all areas of law, including construction, commercial, intellectual property, dispute resolution, as well as in her primary area of workplace relations. Prior to that she held Principal roles in private practice law firms.
Specific experience examples
- Advising on Enterprise Agreement and Award compliance.
- Assisting in strategic management of WorkCover claims to deliver significant premium reductions to clients.
- Conducting workplace investigations into employee misconduct including fraud.
- Confidential client – Negotiated enterprise Agreements with the Plumbing and Pipe Trades Employees Union Victoria.
- Design and implementation of a performance appraisal system.
- Designing and delivering training on contract law and contract administration.
- Implementing a new Risk Management framework, in consultation with an external consultant.
- Implementing relevant policies, procedures processes to deal with emerging legal requirements (for example Data Breach Reporting, Modern Slavery legislation and Whistleblower’s Protection).
- Leading Federal Court proceedings for injunctive relief to stop unprotected industrial action.
- Managing complex multi-faceted litigation in the Supreme Court of Victoria.
- Managing Licencing and Regulatory requirements across multiple business units and jurisdictions.
- Strategic management of insurance claims across all insured activities.
- Writing and delivering workshop style training to an organisation of 1,000 employees to ensure compliance with legislative requirements, and building core skills of executives in managing performance.