Edward is a Partner in our Corporate Team, with extensive Australian and international experience in private practice and in-house roles. His clients come from a wide range of industries including transport and logistics, information technology, health and aged care, and mining.
Ted advises both publicly listed and privately held clients on a variety of corporate and commercial matters including in relation to mergers and acquisitions, primary and secondary equity capital raisings, corporate restructuring, joint ventures, commercial contracts and corporate governance.
Ted has considerable experience advising international clients on the foreign investment regulatory environment in Australia (including the preparation of submissions to, and the engagement with, the Foreign Investment Review Board) as well as the establishment and structuring of their Australian subsidiaries and operations.
Highly valued for his commercial and practical approach, Ted is an experienced negotiator of corporate finance transactions and provides his clients with succinct and practical solutions to complex and technical issues in a timely and cost-effective manner.
- Advised Black Diamond Capital Management LLC in connection with the global restructure of Emeco Holdings Ltd involving a creditor scheme of arrangement and subsequent recapitalisation.
- Advised a US-based distributor on the sale of an Australian retail fashion business to an international fashion group.
- Advised Whiteoak Capital on its investment in The Healthy Mummy Pty Ltd, a lifestyle and e-commerce business.
- Advised the Vendors of Scotts Refrigerated Freightways in the sale of that business to Automotive Holdings Group Ltd.
- Advised Darling International Inc. on the Australian aspects of its €1.6 billion acquisition of Vion Ingredients BV.
- Advised Nordic Capital on the Australian aspects of the initial public offering of Munters AB, an industrial air treatment multi-national group.
- Advised ATEC Rail Group Ltd in relation to its participation in the Surat Basin Rail Joint Venture (with Xstrata and Aurizon) and its acquisition of Traxion, rail services business, from Intermodal Terminal Services.
- Advised Atlas Iron in relation to each of its off-market cash and scrip takeover bids for Giralia Resources Ltd and FerrAus Ltd.
- Advised a US-based private equity fund in relation to its AUD $300 million equity investment in an Australian rail services business.
- Advised General Electric in relation to the sale of its ANZ insured and non-conforming loan portfolios to Pepper Group.