Jol is a Partner in our corporate and commercial team who focuses on regulated and unregulated mergers and acquisitions, equity capital markets and other corporate advisory work.
Specifically, Jol advises domestic and international clients on:
- negotiated mergers and acquisitions including share and asset acquisitions and disposals;
- regulated mergers and acquisitions, including takeovers and schemes of arrangement, with experience acting for both bidder and target;
- equity capital raisings including initial public offers and secondary offers;
- joint ventures and shareholder arrangements;
- corporate restructures;
- corporate governance and directors’ duties;
- compliance with the Corporations Act, ASX Listing Rules and other regulatory regimes; and
- general commercial work.
Jol’s clients are drawn from a wide range of industries including technology, health and aged care, financial services, manufacturing, distribution and retail, education and training, mining and resources, private equity, agribusiness and sport.
Jol is recommended as a corporate lawyer in Doyle’s Guide and has also been recognised by his peers in ‘Best Lawyers’ in Australia since 2013 and is currently listed in the areas of Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Equity Capital Markets, Corporate/Governance Practice, Commercial Law and Corporate Law.
Jol has various professional affiliations including being a Fellow of the Financial Services Institute of Australasia and an alumni of Melbourne Business School, having completed an MBA. Jol is also a director of a charitable foundation and is the returning officer for an AFL club.
Some examples of Jol’s recent experience include:
- advising on the stapling of Blackwall Property Trust (formerly ASX: BWR), WOTSO Ltd and Planloc Ltd to form the triple-stapled structure ‘WOTSO Property’ (ASX: WOT) and its listing on the Australian Securities Exchange with a market capitalisation of $230 million (2021);
- advising The Citadel Group Ltd (ASX: CGL) on the A$503 million scheme of arrangement under which Pacific Group Bidco Pty Ltd, an entity owned by funds advised by Pacific Equity Partners (PEP), acquired 100% of the shares in CGL (2020);
- advising Aussie Broadband Ltd (ASX: ABB) on its A$40 million initial public offering and listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (2020);
- advising 3P Learning Ltd (ASX: 3PL) on a proposed $189 million scheme of arrangement under which IXL Learning Inc., through its wholly-owned subsidiary IXL Australia Pty Ltd, would have acquired 100% of the shares in 3PL and 3PL’s subsequent response to a competing proposal from Think and Learn Private Limited (2020);
- advising 4DMedical Ltd (ASX: 4DX) on its A$55.79 million initial public offering and its listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (2020);
- advising ASX listed Mach7 Technologies Ltd (ASX: M7T) on its A$34.8 million institutional placement and accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer to fund the CA$38.5 million (approx. A$40.8 million) acquisition of Canadian company Client Outlook Inc, a specialist enterprise viewing technology company (2020);
- advising health club owner and operator, Viva Leisure Ltd (ASX: VVA) on its fully underwritten A$25 million institutional placement and accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer (2020);
- advising cybersecurity company, Firstwave Cloud Technology Ltd (ASX: FCT) on its A$14.9 million institutional placement and accelerated non-renounceable entitlement offer with a fully underwritten retail component (2020);
- advising DCF Asset Management on the refinancing and corporate reorganisation of the Rapid Loans Group in a deal worth $50 million (2020);
- advising the shareholders of WINconnect Pty Ltd on the sale of the company to Australasian private equity investment firm, Pacific Equity Partners (2020);
- advising Viva Leisure Ltd (ASX: VVA) on its $20 million capital raise to fund the acquisition of 13 Fit N Fast health clubs (2019); and
- advising Viva Leisure Ltd on its $20 million initial public offering and its listing on the Australian Securities Exchange (2019).