Louise has over 15 years’ experience expertly supporting her clients on all aspects of the employment lifecycle across both public and private sectors. She equips them with the knowledge to provide the best outcomes for their business. Louise brings a considered, strategic approach to navigating employment matters to achieve pragmatic and commercial solutions.
Louise’s experience has involved advising clients across a range of sectors including professional services, healthcare, infrastructure, retail, media, arts, security and logistics.
Louise regularly provides workplace training to employers and presents on workplace issues including strategies for engaging staff and business protection considerations and compliance with statutory obligations including recent amendments to anti-discrimination legislation.
Specific experience examples
- Advising and assisting businesses in respect of the full cycle of employment, from negotiating employment contracts including senior executive agreements, advising during the employment relationship including disciplinary processes and managing ill and injured employees, through to the end of the employment relationship including negotiated separations, dismissals and redundancies.
- Acting for various clients in State and Federal tribunals in respect of employment-related litigation including unfair dismissal claims, general protections claims, discrimination disputes and breach of contract claims.
- Advising on obligations arising from the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) and other employment-related legislation.
- Advising on the enforcement of post-employment business protection provisions including with respect to confidential information and restraints of trade.
- Undertaking workplace investigations involving allegations of inappropriate workplace conduct.
- Advising on compliance with industrial instruments and modern awards.
- Advising on employment-related aspects of corporate restructures including the transfer of business provisions.
- Advising and defending employers in Fair Work Ombudsman investigations and prosecutions.
- Drafting workplace policies and training employees and senior managers on their obligations pursuant to those workplace policies.
- Advising on modern slavery legislation.