Louise specialises in litigation and insolvency, practising primarily in the area of dispute resolution including corporate and personal insolvency and commercial litigation in all Victorian and Federal Courts, the Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal and the High Court of Australia.
Louise works closely with large banking and funds management clients and their customers in relation to distressed assets and formal and informal work outs, and advises clients acting as mortgagees, receivers, administrators and liquidators in relation to their appointment and sales of assets by them.
- Advised and acted on behalf of a liquidator in a successful proceeding defending a claim for priority of funds recovered in the High Court of Australia (Newtronics Pty Ltd (In Liquidation) v Atco Controls Pty Ltd (In Liquidation).
- Advised and instructed in an interstate court proceeding on behalf of a group of investors in relation to the recapitalisation of a debenture issuer (The Trust Company (Nominees) Limited and Gippsland Secured Investments Limited).
- Assisted in writing reports for an independent accountant appointed by ASIC to investigate managed investment schemes and worked closely with the liquidator subsequently appointed to the unregistered managed investment schemes (Australian Securities & Investments Commission and Primelife Corporation Limited).
- Advised a mortgagee client and receivers in relation to the sale of a retail and apartment building comprising 22 retail shops and 60 apartments.
- Advised and acted on behalf of a large banking client and administrators appointed to a group of company franchisees trading as gymnasiums.