Matt is a Partner in the Corporate Group. He specialises in public and private mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, equity capital markets and general corporate advisory work.
Matt’s clients include domestic and international corporations, sovereign wealth funds, state-owned enterprises, family offices and financial service providers across a broad range of sectors including health, technology, financial services, insurance, energy and resources, media and telecommunications. His experience includes private acquisitions and disposals, public offerings, schemes of arrangement, minority investments, fund formation and joint ventures in jurisdictions across the world.
Matt worked with leading law firms in Hong Kong and New York before he returned to Sydney in August 2016. He is admitted to practice in NSW, Hong Kong and New York.
Matt regularly delivers seminars on a wide range of corporate law related subjects and has also authored a number of publications.
- Advising ASX listed 3P Learning on the sale of its shares by way of scheme of arrangement to IXL (US).
- Advising investors (comprising onshore and offshore private and public companies) in a $100m capital raising by Judo Bank.
- Advising PRP Diagnostic Imaging on its sale to Crescent Capital.
- Advising Humanwell Healthcare and Citic Capital on their A$800m acquisition of Ansell’s Sexual Wellness business.
- Advising Brickworks on its acquisition of Glen-Gery (US).
- Advising Surfstich on its sales of Surf Hardware International to Gowing Bros; Magic Seaweed to Surfline (US); Rolling Youth Magazine to company management; Surfdome to Internet Fusion (UK); and Surfstitch Limited to Alceon (NZ).
- Advising Inghams on its sale of Mitavite to Adamantem Capital.
- Advising Goodman on its US$450m acquisition of a majority interest in a Hong Kong container terminal port and the world’s largest logistics facility from Dubai Ports.
- Advising ING on its sale of ING Life Insurance to Fubon Financial Holdings (Taiwan).
- Advising CIC and Chengdu Tianqi on their acquisition of Talison Lithium, an Australian mining company listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, for C$847m.