Peter practises in both the consumer and commercial sectors of banking and finance law. He acts for a number of major Banks, second tier Financiers and Private funders.
Peter’s clients value his practical approach to solving issues and determining the implications of changes in the law. Peter is regularly consulted by relationship and credit banking staff of all major banks and other financiers for ‘help desk’ style advice providing practical and commercial solutions.
He has degrees in Law and Economics from Monash University and is a member of the Property Law Section of the Law Institute of Victoria, the Commercial Law Section of the Law Institute of Victoria and the Mortgage & Finance Association of Australia on which he served as a Councillor from 2000 to 2002.
- Acting for various lenders including major banks in the Commercial Business Banking area including the provision of volume security preparation, settlement and registration and all post settlement consents and releases.
- Acting for major banks on numerous multi-unit developments including security documentation, contract due diligence and large-scale settlements of multiple lots.
- Acting for major banks in relation to all aspects of lending to ‘Self Managed Super Funds’.
- Advising various financiers in relation to lending to Registered Agencies under the Housing Act in relation to Government backed affordable Housing Schemes.
- Advising various sections of a major bank in relation to the introduction of the Personal Properties and Securities Act and ongoing education and training.
- Environmental Upgrade Agreements (EUAs) – specialised advice to various financiers and documenting facilities in relation to the statutory Local Government scheme funding environmental upgrades to buildings.
- Acting in relation to the Commonwealth Government drought relief funding to the farming industry including the drafting of security documents, general advice and the management of the settlement process.