Alexandra Walker is a Special Counsel in our Property, Construction & Planning Group and contributes primarily to the firms’ retail and commercial leasing practice.
Alexandra advises institutional and corporate property owners, developers and managers on a wide range of matters with a focus major shopping centre and retail redevelopments, leasing and management of retail shopping centres, lease enforcement and outgoings recovery issues. Alexandra has extensive experience negotiating leases and dealing with retail legislation, nationwide.
Alexandra has acted on numerous developments and redevelopments of major retail and multi-use sites, large due diligence investigations for buyers and sellers in relation to industrial, commercial and retail property and the leasing and management of retail and regional centres for property owners and developers of all sizes.
Alexandra volunteers regularly at Women’s Legal Service Victoria providing legal advice to women experiencing particular disadvantage from relationship breakdown or family violence.
- Acting for landlords of major retail centres including AMP, Vicinity Centres, GPT Group, 151 Property, ISPT and Ashe Morgan in respect of majors & specialty retail leasing and general property advice, currently including:
- Majors and speciality retail leasing for the development of The District Docklands at Waterfront City, Victoria (Ashe Morgan);
- Majors and speciality retail leasing and advice for the redevelopment of Karrinyup Shopping Centre at Karrinyup, Western Australia (AMP Capital);
- Majors and speciality retail leasing and advice for the redevelopment of Garden City Shopping Centre at Booragoon, Western Australia (AMP Capital);
- Majors leasing for the redevelopment of Mandurah Forum at Mandurah Western Australia (Vicinity Centres);
- Advice and speciality leasing for Greensborough Plaza and Forest Hill Chase Shopping Centres, Victoria (151 Property);
- Majors and internationals leasing for leading landlords nationwide, including for David Jones, Myer, Hoyts, Woolworths Group, Wesfarmers, Aldi, H&M and Uniqlo (various landlords).
- Leasing to Commonwealth government departments and agencies in Western Australia, Queensland and Victoria (various landlords).
- General advice and specialty retail leasing for Arden Gardens, North Melbourne (CBD Developments).
- Specialty retail, office and commercial leasing for the development of Williams Landing Shopping Centre, Victoria (Cedar Woods).
- Advice on recovery of outgoings from major retail tenants, nationwide.
- Advice to mortgagees in possession on leasing and enforcement issues.
- Advice on Property Management Agreements and Development Management Agreements.