James Beckley is a Partner in our Corporate Advisory Group, specialising in all areas of mergers and acquisition, corporate fundraising, debt and equity restructures and foreign investment into Australia.
Over the course of his career, James has managed a range of complex transactions, including Chapter 6 takeovers, mergers and acquisitions, private equity transactions, schemes of arrangements, capital raisings (including IPOs), as well as registered MIS registrations and wind-ups.
James’ general private sector experience includes advising on and negotiating the establishment of project and corporate structures, together with the drafting of venture documentation including shareholders’, unit holders’ and joint venture agreements, company constitutions and trust deeds. He has also been involved in the preparation of intellectual property licensing agreements, business and asset sale agreements, share sale agreements, unit / share redemption and subscription and joint ventures.
Specific experience examples
- Acciona Energy – Acted in regards to its Australian business demerger of renewables business and assets.
- AutoCo – Acted for this automotive group in respect of its sale of business assets to the ASX-listed AMA Group Limited.
- Capita Plc – Advised this LSE-listed company on its acquisition of Australian training and education business and assets.
- Cyan Stone Group – Acted in relation to the sale of its Australian portfolio to a Hong Kong-listed entity (>$1.5bn).
- Digital Pacific Group – Advised on its sale of business to NASDAQ listed, Deluxe Group (>$60m).
- DORMAKaba Australia – Acted in its Australian merger, including conducting legal due diligence on Kaba Australia and preparing transaction documents.
- Energizer Group – Acted in relation to the Australian elements of its business demerger of the electrical and personal care brands.
- Vendors of Synergy Radiology – Acted on its sale to a Singaporean consortium.
- Acted for preferred bidder of one of Australia’s largest equipment finance businesses (confidential) (>$100m).