Jasmina is a Special Counsel in our Disputes Team. She has over 18 years’ experience in commercial litigation.
Jasmina has worked extensively in the areas of contractual disputes, insolvency and debt recovery with a particular focus on retail, commercial and industrial lease disputes including representing clients in Victoria, New South Wales, ACT, Queensland and Western Australia. She has acted for a number of major shopping centre owners including AMP Capital Investors Limited, Australian Unity, Blackstone, QIC Limited, and Vicinity.
Jasmina was nominated by her peers as a “Best Lawyer” in the 2016 and 2017 Best Lawyers Awards in the area of Real Property Law.
- Acting for Vicinity in a multi-million dollar outgoings dispute with Myer Pty Ltd at Chadstone Shopping Centre.
- Acted on behalf of major landlords in numerous retail lease disputes in Victoria, New South Wales, ACT Queensland and Western Australia.
- Seal Rocks Victoria Australia Pty Ltd v State of Victoria – multi-million dollar claim arising from a contract entered in to between Seal Rocks Victoria Australia Pty Ltd and the State of Victoria in respect of the Seal Rocks Seal Life Centre located at Phillip Island.
- Corio Bridge Collapse – acted on behalf of a major crane company in a number of Supreme Court proceedings arising out of the collapse of a bridge over railway lines running between Melbourne and Geelong.
- Ron Clarke and Anor v Australian Broadcasting Corporation – successful in obtaining a record amount of damages awarded in Victoria for a defamation trial.