Lui is a Partner in our Property, Construction & Planning Group, and is responsible for our retail leasing practice. He has conducted numerous large due diligence investigations for buyers and sellers in relation to industrial property, commercial property, redevelopments of major retail and CBD sites and the leasing and management of large retail centres and office buildings for a number of major owners and property developers.
Lui has acted on a number of large infrastructure projects both on behalf of government and private enterprise. Lui also takes a keen interest in pharmacy law, acting for a number of pharmacists in the sale and acquisitions of pharmacies.
Lui has an excellent record of achieving commercial results for clients, particularly where complex legal issues are involved. Lui is known for his plain English style and commerciality.
Lui has been nominated by his peers as a “Best Lawyer” in the area of Real Property Law in 2016 and 2017. He has also been recognised by Doyle’s Guide as a recommended Leasing Lawyer in Victoria.
- Acting for large retail landlords in relation to major shopping centre redevelopments across Australia including:
– AMP: Macquarie, Pacific Fair, Karrinyup and Booragoon;
– Vicinity Centres: Box Hill, Chatswood, Cranbourne, Mandurah, Roselands and The Glen;
– 151 Property: Greensborough Plaza and Forest Chase;
– Ashe Morgan: District Docklands (Harbour Town);
– GPT: Charlestown Square, Chirnside, High Point, Melbourne Central and Rouse Hill.
- Acting for GPT, Cbus Property, Gibb Group, Ascot Capital, Qanstruct and Rockworth in relation to sales, acquisitions and development of industrial and commercial property Australia wide.
- Representing Abacus Group, Crema Group, Pace Group and Frasers in relation to their multi use redevelopment sites in Brighton, Kew,Brunswick, Doncaster and Central Park.
- Acting for a number of Australia’s leading retail landlords on their majors and international portfolios Australia wide (Woolworths, Coles, Myer, David Jones, Aldi, H&M, Uniqlo, Zara, Sephora) including Vicinity Centres, AMP, GPT, ISPT, UniSuper, 151 Property, Stockland, Mirvac, Abacus, Ashe Morgan, Australian Unity and Dexus.