Renae is a Partner in the Banking & Finance team with expertise in debt finance (both on a secured and unsecured basis) for acquisition and corporate transactions, real estate investment and development projects. Renae has over 15 years of top tier experience and has acted for a wide variety of clients from banks, insurers and alternative lenders, to corporate borrowers, private equity houses, asset managers and property developers.
Renae has particular expertise in real estate investment and development finance origination and restructuring, in addition to her experience in complex, multi-jurisdictional lending and consensual work-outs and restructurings.
Renae is committed to working collaboratively and becoming a trusted adviser to her clients.
Renae regularly leverages her extensive depth of knowledge and expertise to think outside the box and provide advice and innovative solutions to navigate obstacles which may arise while acting on a financing transaction.
Renae is the Head of our Sydney office and focuses on delivering a consistently positive, professional and balanced outlook, with a particular focus on fostering our teams’ wellbeing.
Specific experience examples
- AEW Capital Management Ltd – Matters including:
- Acted for AEW as borrower in relation to a $85m bilateral facility agreement from ING Bank (Australia) Ltd for the acquisition of 10 Barrack Street, Sydney.
- Acted for AEW as borrower in relation to a $36.6m bilateral facility agreement from DBS Bank Ltd for the acquisition of 54 Miller Street, North Sydney.
- AMP Capital Funds Management Ltd (ACFML) – Matters including:
- Acted for ACFML in its capacity as responsible entity of AMP Capital Shopping Centre Fund as borrower in relation to a $450m syndicated facility agreement to refinance existing indebtedness and finance acquisition and development costs of properties in the Fund.
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group, Commonwealth Bank of Australia and Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation – Acted as financiers to subsidiaries of Walker Group Holdings Pty Ltd in relation to a syndicated facility agreement for the acquisition and development of 4 Parramatta Square ($455m).
- Australia and New Zealand Banking Group Limited – Acted as the financier for both the development of 11 specialist disability accommodation (SDA) properties in Perth, WA and the acquisition of other SDA properties upon practical completion of those projects by Platinum Supported Accommodation Group.
- Bricktop Group Pty Ltd – Acted as financier in relation to a senior secured real estate refinancing and construction facility in respect of Stages 7 & 8 of “The Meadows”, Ingleburn Gardens Drive, Bardia NSW consisting of the development of 21 houses.
- Brookfield Asset Management – Acted as borrower in relation to the refinancing by Bank of Queensland of its mixed use investment Portside Wharf, Queensland, which is home to the Brisbane Cruise Terminal, retail, restaurants, a cinema and function centre.
- Commonwealth Bank of Australia – Acted for the bank as financier in relation to a $84m bilateral facility agreement to a Denwol Group Pty Ltd and Scentre Group Ltd JV entity for the acquisition and development of 90 residential apartments and retail premises on Oxford Street, Bondi Junction.
- Credit Agricole CIB Australia Ltd, ING Bank (Australia) Ltd and Shinsei Bank Ltd – Acted for the banks as financiers in relation to a $215m syndicated facility agreement for the acquisition of a 50% interest in the Latitude Landowning Trust and a 50% leasehold interest in 235 St George’s Terrace, Perth.
- Helm Pty Limited – Acted as borrower in relation to a bilateral construction facility financing provided by Commonwealth Bank of Australia for “Ora”, a residential development comprising 36 apartments in Dolls Point, New South Wales ($40m).
- ING Bank (Australia) Ltd – Matters including:
- Acted as financier to subsidiaries of AEW Capital Management Limited in relation to the financing for the purchase of a commercial office building located at 31 Queen Street, Melbourne ($120m).
- Acted as financier in relation to an unsecured revolving credit facility for Goodman Fielder for working capital requirements and general corporate purposes.
- JP Morgan Securities PLC and JP Morgan Limited – Acted for JP Morgan as financier in relation to the potential £1bn financing of Apollo’s acquisition of the Project Churchill portfolio from Aviva plc comprising non-performing loans, sub-performing loans, performing loans and real estate assets and preparing and negotiating bid stage documentation including a commitment letter and term sheet.
- Metropolitan Life Insurance Company – Acted for MetLife as financier on a number of hotel and associated operating businesses including the Shelbourne Hotel, Dublin, The REH Heathrow, The Free Trade Hall, Manchester and The Mayfair Hotel, London W1.
- Moelis Australia Asset Management Ltd – Acted for Moelis as financier to Roseville 88 Pty Ltd in relation to a $85m syndicated facility agreement for the acquisition and development of 118 residential apartments, car parking and commercial premises at 989-1015 Pacific Highway, Roseville.
- RBC Europe Limited and Wells Fargo Bank, N.A., London Branch – Acted for the banks as financiers on an up to £592.5m facility agreement relating to the acquisition of a portfolio of commercial, hotel and operating business assets located throughout the UK.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Sydney Branch – Acted for the bank as financier in relation to a $115m syndicated facility agreement for the acquisition of a 50% interest in 52 Goulburn Street, Sydney and a 50% interest in 240 Queen Street, Brisbane.
- Vitex Pharmaceuticals – Advised in relation to a senior secured loan facility for Vitex Pharmaceuticals and related companies for the purposes of refinancing existing indebtedness, funding capital expenditure requirements of the business and for working capital purposes.
- Westpac Banking Corporation – Matters including:
- Acted as financier in relation to the refinancing of the existing indebtedness of the Feros Hotel Group and financing the acquisition of the Caringbah Hotel, Caringbah NSW to expand the group’s existing portfolio of hotels and pubs across Sydney, NSW ($69m).
- Acted for Westpac Banking Corporation as mandated lead arranger and bookrunner, initial financier and agent and Westpac Administration Pty Limited as security trustee in relation to a syndicated facility agreement to refinance the existing indebtedness on a portfolio of properties in NSW, QLD, VIC and WA, which are owned by a joint venture between ESR and China Merchants Capital ($92m).