Shanna is a Special Counsel in our Property, Construction & Planning Group, where she oversees our retail leasing practice. Shanna advises clients in all aspects of property law, specialising in acting for owners and managers of retail property.
Before being admitted as a solicitor, Shanna worked in centre management for one of Queensland’s largest regional shopping centres. This industry experience gives Shanna a greater understanding of the issues facing her clients’ businesses and allows her to offer proactive and practical advice and assistance to clients.
- Acting for landlords of major retail centres including Vicinity Centres, AMP, Mirvac, GPT, Blackstone, Mirvac, Liuzzi Group, Ashe Morgan, ISPT, and the Yu Feng Group in respect of majors leasing, specialty retail leasing, and general property advice which currently includes:
- all majors and specialty retail leasing for the redevelopment of Harbour Town Docklands, Vic (Ashe Morgan);
- all specialty retail leasing for the redevelopment of Cranbourne Park, Vic (Vicinity Centres);
- all majors leasing for the redevelopment of Macquarie Centre, NSW and Pacific Fair, QLD (AMP);
- all majors leasing for the redevelopment of Mandurah Forum and Halls Head Central (Vicinity Centres);
- all majors and specialty retail leasing for the redevelopment of Beenleigh Mall, Qld (Liuzzi Group); and
- all specialty retail and commercial leasing for the development of Craigieburn Central.
- Acting for the owner of a private hospital in Queensland in respect of the construction of a new strata-titled building including high level titling and strata titling advice together with off the plan sales of the individual suites.
- Acting for the operators of numerous airports in Queensland in relation to all property and leasing matters including a major terminal redevelopment (valued in excess of $100 million) at one of Australia’s largest airports.
- Acting for the owner of a large residential development site in relation to the winding up of its joint venture with an institutional property developer including high level titling, insolvency, and duties advice and implementation of the transactions necessary to wind up the joint venture.