A complementary mix of commercial and property experience sees Chris carefully balance his clients’ needs to achieve the best results.
With particular skills in negotiating and managing large property transactions, Chris supports his clients through the sale and purchase of major city office buildings, vacant land (including large scale land divisions), hotels and businesses, and resolution of environmental issues. He also expertly oversees all aspects of commercial property management, including leasing, tenant/landlord negotiations and other arrangements such as options.
Chris’ hands on experience and commercial focus enable him to tackle anything from complex joint ventures and sensitive environmental matters, to drafting commercial property development documents, creating appropriate legal entities for business ventures, and dealing with insolvent property developments and businesses. His knowledge of government is unique, having worked for some years in charge of property work for the SA Crown Solicitor’s Office.
- Mobile telephone network in Adelaide: leading a team of lawyers in implementing the project involving complex planning issues and negotiating and documenting 140 leases.
- South Australia Brewing Company Ltd (SAB): project leader in selling off the freehold of SAB’s 104 hotels over five years by selling a half interest in each of the hotels to the tenant, the tenant and SAB holding the freehold in partnership for five years and then selling the balance of the freehold to the tenant.
- SA Government: advising on the acquisition of contaminated sites at North Plympton and Pelican Point.
- SA Government: leading a project team in the acquisition of the Mitsubishi Site at Tonsley Park and of the land at Port Stanvac from Mobil for SA’s desalination plant.
- Department of Treasury and Finance: advising on the sale by the Treasurer of long-term leases at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre site.
- Negotiating the acquisition of substantial retail motor vehicle businesses with a value in excess of $8m.
- Preparing documents for the sale by tender of various parcels of land and buildings within both the city of Adelaide and country South Australia.
- Quasi-government organisation: advising on the sale and leaseback of a property valued at approximately $50m.