Greg is a partner of Lavan, an independent law firm in Perth operating in association with Gadens.
Greg advises clients in respect of all matters relating to construction law, both front and back end.
Aside from contract drafting and procurement advice, Greg has extensive litigation experience which includes appearing as counsel on appeals before the High Court of Australia and the Court of Appeal (Western Australia) and conducting trials as sole counsel.
Greg’s key recent experience includes, among others:
- Acting for an onshore piping contractor in Supreme Court proceedings in relation to construction of a pipeline in remote Western Australia.
- Acting for a shopping centre owner in relation to expert determination proceedings related to a dispute with a builder arising out of the shopping centre’s redevelopment.
- Preparation and negotiation of construction contract packages on behalf of developers for:
- Redevelopment of a CBD officer tower;
- Construction of multi-storey apartments including negotiations with the builder and financier (tripartite); and
- Redevelopment of a shopping centre.
- Providing ongoing dispute / claims management advice, including multiple adjudication applications for a formwork subcontractor in relation to a dispute against the main contractor on a hospital project.
- Providing ongoing dispute / claims management advice to a main contractor constructing an onshore processing plant in relation to ongoing disputes with a major subcontractor.
- Acting for a mining services contractor in expert determination proceedings arising out of the closure of a gold mine.
- Acting for owners in arbitration against the builder of an industrial warehouse involving defective concrete.
- Acting for an owners’ corporation in successful proceedings against a builder for defective workmanship claims concerning a luxury apartment complex.
- Advising a major oil and gas industry subcontractor in relation to claims relating to a major offshore construction project.
- Advising an asset owner constructing a large-scale offshore oil and gas facility in relation to disputes with a major pipeline subcontractor.