Susan Babidge is a Partner in the firm’s Employee Relations and Safety Group in Adelaide. Susan helps organisations navigate the complex and highly regulated world of employee relations. Susan has extensive experience working in employee relations and safety law in South Australia and New South Wales.
Susan has a unique background in both the private and public sector that has given her an insight into a range of workplace issues faced by organisations of all sizes and across a range of industries. With that experience, Susan understands the commercial benefits of successfully anticipating, managing and resolving workplace issues.
Susan’s experience working in-house has given her an appreciation and understanding of the pressures and realities of in-house legal and human resources teams. Susan has a depth of experience in conducting workplace investigations and advising on transfer of employment issues in commercial transactions.
- Acted for a major not for profit social and community services organisation in negotiating and bargaining for a new enterprise agreement covering over 600 social and communities employees.
- Advised on and assisted in the management of an extensive transfer of employment and rectification process for a labour hire business that supplies community home care and domestic services labour as a result of a prosecution by the Fair Work Ombudsman for sham contracting and breaches of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Award 2010.
- Acted for an employer in the aged care sector in respect to various employment related issues including the management of ill and injured employees and dismissal related claims.
- Advised a retirement village operator in respect to work, health and safety issues for its employees, award coverage and employment contracts, its policy for staff taking personal leave and the management of an ill employee.
- Conducted a number of workplace investigation on behalf of employers in respect to various issues inclduing allegations of sexual harassment, bullying and fraud.
- Act for a number of employers regularly providing sounding board advice about performance management issues, award coverage and entitlements, compliance issues with workplace laws, workplace investgations and disciplinary processes including the drafting of associated documentation including allegation letters and termination letters.
- Advised a number of employers in respect to transfer of employee issues in both share and asset sales and acquisitons including conducting due diligence that covers all aspects of employment related compliance, drafting and reviewing appropriate transfer of employment terms in agreements and drafting employee communications, offer letters and employment contracts.
- Advised a number of employers about restraint of trade issues and protection of confidential information.