For over 15 years, Wendy has worked successfully and tenaciously on large and complex litigation matters, including some of Australia’s largest audit negligence claims, as well as contract and product liability disputes, and trade practices issues. With her pragmatic approach, exacting technical skills and leadership ability, a wide range of organisations benefit from Wendy’s proven commercial litigation expertise.
Her special interest in insolvency law means Wendy’s advice is regularly sought on voluntary administrations, deeds of company arrangement, liquidators’ recovery and investigation powers, secured creditor rights, priority issues and proofs of debt.
Wendy’s involvement with financial institutions is extensive. She advises and supports them on diverse matters ranging from cheque conversion, mistaken payments, misrepresentation, fraud, forgery, and bank systems and procedures, to terms and conditions of bank products, bank fees and charges, guarantees, access to banking records and debt recovery.
- Acted as agent of the Crown Solicitor defending claims brought by Healthscope Limited against CNAHS, in the District and Supreme Courts of South Australia, following the return of the operation of a major South Australian hospital to the public sector.
- Orrcon Operations Pty Ltd v Capital Steel: acted in injunction proceedings in the Federal Court of Australia (Sydney) seeking to restrain payment under a letter of credit.
- Harris Scarfe Holdings & Ors v PricewaterhouseCoopers: a lead partner conducting proceedings for the receivers and managers of the Harris Scarfe Group and its banker in litigation.
- Southern Equities Corporation Limited (In Liquidation) (formerly Bond Corporation Holdings Limited) v Arthur Andersen: part of the team representing the Liquidator of SECL in this action against its former auditors, Arthur Andersen.
- Acting for receivers of numerous parcels of land forming part of a significant property development.
- Acted for receivers and managers of a meat processing group of companies.
- Harris Scarfe Holdings Group Receivership: acted for the receivers and managers of the Harris Scarfe group since 2004 regarding a wide variety of matters arising in the receivership.
- Southern Equities Corporation Limited (In Liquidation): part of a team advising the Liquidators of the SECL Group on various aspects of their administration, including examinations in Australia and overseas, and their adjudication on proofs of debt (including complex and disputed proofs).