Yvonne specialises in banking and financial services, general corporate advisory, compliance, risk and complex disputes. She has worked for numerous leading banks and law firms in Australia and Ireland, advising on strategic commercial contractual arrangements, breach reporting and regulatory risk management.
Yvonne is qualified as a lawyer in Ireland, England and Wales and Australia and is a member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and Irish Australian Chamber of Commerce (IACC). Yvonne has substantial private practice and in-house experience having worked more recently as a Senior Lawyer at Suncorp Bank, Senior Associate in Holding Redlich’s Corporate & Commercial Group and as in-house Legal Counsel in several organisations across Ireland and Australia including Bank of Queensland, University of Queensland and Bank of Ireland.
Yvonne’s experience includes:
- Advising ADIs, Insurers and RSE Licensees in connection with interpretation and operation of CPS 511 – Remuneration, including how it will operate alongside the proposed Financial Accountability Regime (FAR), the determination of APRA-regulated entities as Significant Financial Institutions (SFIs) or non-SFIs, self-assessment and pre implementation planning.
- Advising ADIs and other APRA regulated entities in connection with FAR compliance including, preparing for the accountability regime, drafting of accountability statements, project plans, mapping of accountabilities, development of reasonable steps through improved governance, risk, controls and other frameworks and considering deferred remuneration obligations and how CPS 511 will interact with FAR.
- Acting as lead legal representative whilst in-house lawyer on bank projects including digital projects, regulatory projects and projects relating to the introduction to market of new and/or variations to financial products and services – successfully delivering responsive and solution focused advice to the business on a variety of matters to meet the needs of stakeholders.
- Advising a leading bank upon potential and actual breaches of regulatory obligations and remediation of incidents (including largescale and systematic) having regard to a range of legislation.
- Advising ADIs regarding and drafting Product Terms and Conditions including Consumer and Business Banking Lending Applications, Online Banking Terms and Conditions and internal policies and procedures.
- Advising a US parent company and its Australian subsidiaries in connection with a successful ASIC exemption and financial reports and audit relief application to the Supreme Court.