Angela is a Special Counsel in our Disputes Group. She has extensive experience in corporate and contractual disputes, estate litigation, security enforcement, intellectual property, competition and consumer law and insolvency. Angela is experienced in resolving disputes by negotiation, including alternative dispute resolution avenues, or through litigation.
Angela has a particular interest and extensive experience in the areas of estate litigation and defamation and has acted in a number of high profile matters.
Angela regularly acts on behalf of Trustees and beneficiaries, including corporate clients, companies limited by guarantee, professional trustees and individuals in relation to all aspects of estate litigation in all Australian jurisdictions and internationally. In addition, Angela also regularly acts on behalf of corporations and individuals in advising and conducting litigation in the area of defamation.
- Ron Clarke – acted in his defamation proceedings issued in the Victoria Supreme Court and Court of Appeal against the Australian Broadcasting Corporation which resulted in a record damages award.
- The Trustees of the Estate of Sir Reginald Ansett – acted in the Victoria Supreme Court and Court of Appeal proceedings bought by his children seek leave to make a claim against his estate 23 years after the grant of probate and in the subsequent Part IV proceedings in which they sought further provision from his estate.
- The Lord Mayor’s Charitable Fund – acted in international litigation across four countries in relation to a $200 million charitable bequest.
- The Commissioner of Taxation in High Court of Australia proceedings Anstis v Commissioner of Taxation.
- The Commissioner of Taxation in Federal Court Proceedings Noza Holdings Pty Ltd v Commissioner of Taxation.
- The Commissioner of Taxation in Federal Court Proceedings Norman Leighton v Commissioner of Taxation and subsequent appeal to the Full Court of the Federal Court.
- Baulderstone Hornibrook Pty Ltd and Docklands Stadium Consortium Pty Ltd – provided advice in a large and complex contractual dispute against LMI Australasia & Anor over the management rights of Docklands Stadium issued in the New South Wales Supreme Court and Court of Appeal.
- Seal Rocks Victoria (Australia) Pty Ltd – acted in a high profile arbitration and subsequent Supreme Court appeal against the State of Victoria regarding a contractual dispute in relation to the operation of the Seal Rocks tourist facility at Phillip Island.