Malcolm is a Partner in our Property, Construction & Planning Group. He has a strong practice in commercial property acquisitions, dispositions, conveyancing, retirement/aged care and sub-divisional matters. Malcolm’s clients include a number of institutional lenders, property groups and developers, and numerous private and corporate clients.
His expertise is widely recognised. Malcolm is a regular presenter at seminars organised by the Leo Cussen Institute, Legalwise Seminars and the Law Institute of Victoria. Malcolm is a Law Institute of Victoria Accredited Specialist in Property Law. Professional affiliations include membership of the Property Law Section of the Law Institute of Victoria and membership of the Certified Practising Accountants Australia.
Malcolm has been nominated by peers as a “Best Lawyer” in the area of Real Property Law in 2016 and 2017 and has been included in Doyles Guide as a “Leading Health and Aged Care Lawyers – Victoria 2017”.
- Advised a private developer in connection with the financing, acquisition, consultants’ agreements and subdivision of land into and sale of 115 allotments at Torquay.
- Acting for numerous private and corporate clients in relation to conveyancing and subdivisional matters, including preparation of ‘off the plan’ contracts of sale for properties in and around Melbourne and Docklands, liaising with land surveyors regarding survey / boundary / title issues, drafting Owners Corporation Rules, considering staged developments and arranging appointment of Owners Corporation Managers.
- Acting for a number of institutional lenders with respect to enforcement of mortgage securities, including attention to mortgagee sales, dealing with “distressed real estate”, priority issues, environmental issues for lenders and home warranty / owner-builder issues.
- Advising retirement village operators in relation to lease / lease loan agreements and resident agreements and generally for subdivision / owner corporation issues.
- Advising banks and lending institutions in relation to property related security issues for retirement village lending.