Travis is a Special Counsel in the property development team specialising in property, property development, and construction related matters.
He has acted for owners, developers, contractors and consortiums in a broad range of property development projects and construction projects and has a broad experience in negotiating and preparing associated commercial contracts.
Prior to joining Gadens, Travis was an in-house Counsel at Places Victoria and prior to that a solicitor and then Senior Associate at Freehills with a focus on property development, construction and project delivery matters where he acted for developers, contractors and principals and consortiums.
Specific experience examples
- Providing advice, negotiating and preparing contracts on behalf of owners, developers, contractors and consultants for:
- large commercial property development transactions
- the design and construction of the new commercial office buildings in Docklands
- refurbishment and fit out projects for Hospital Operators.
- Acted for principals and contractors in relation to construction and infrastructure projects, such as commercial office buildings, water treatment plants, rail and pipeline projects, and Student Accommodation Projects involving:
- reviewing, advising and negotiating various D&C Contracts (including risk analysis)
- reviewing and advising on transaction documentation during the competitive tender phase and preparing high level comments on transaction documents
- reviewing and advising on Project Deeds, Tripartite Agreements and Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC) Contracts.
- Acted for principals and contractors in relation to the procurement of repair and maintenance services, which involved:
- Reviewing and advising on Services Agreements for the operations phase
- Drafting and negotiating amendments to Facilities Management / Services Agreements
- Reviewing building and construction contracts and preparing Tripartite / Builder’s Side Deed.
- Seconded part-time for 18 months to a defence contractor as a Commercial / Contracts Manager during the start up phase of their facilities maintenance contract.